Driftwood Public Library is committed to reaching out to the children and youth of Lincoln County with a variety of programs that benefit babies through teens.
In addition to these programs, Driftwood Public Library's Youth Services Librarian makes many outreach visits throughout the year to summer day camps, public and private school classrooms, after school programs, Head Start programs and day care facilities, bringing stories, songs, puppets and more to spread the word about libraries.
For more information about services for children and teens, please contact Victoria Kromer at 541-996-1258 or email@example.com.
Music and Movement - Tuesdays at 10:30 a.m. - Sept. 20 - Dec. 20
- Songs, rhymes, movement and more in a fun class that keeps you movin' and groovin'. Open to all ages.
Book Babies - Wednesdays at 10:30 a.m. - Sept. 21 - Dec. 21
- Join us for rhymes, songs, bounces and books just right for your little ones! Ages 0 - 18 months.
Storytime - Thursdays at 10:30 a.m. - Sept. 1 - Dec. 22
- Join us for stories, music, and more! Open to all ages.
Read to a Dog
Reading to dogs can boost reading skills in children as well as help with emotional and social skills.
Contact Miss Vickie at 541-996-1258 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your time.
Appointments can also be made online! Click the link or scan the QR Code below for the dog you'd like to read to.
December Family Activities
Open to all ages!
Family Nights - Wednesdays - Drop in from 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Dec. 7 - Snowflake Crafts - Join us to make snowflakes for the chilly weather
- Dec. 14 - De-Stress Night - Join us for an afternoon of cookies, hot chocolate, and relaxation. We'll have coloring pages, board games, and puzzles to take your mind off the holidays.
- Dec. 21 - Winter Solstice (6 p.m. - 8 p.m.) - Join us for an open mic night, crafts, cookies, and more! Don't forget our noise parade at 7:30 to bring back the light!
Saturday Storytimes – Dec. 3 & 10 - 10:30 a.m.
- Join us for an all ages storytime featuring stories, finger plays, rhymes and more. Afterward a craft will be provided.
Saturday Crafternoon - Dec. 3 & 10 - Drop in from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Dec. 3 - Stenciled T-Shirts - Join us to create t-shirt art with stencils or jazz up a t-shirt you already have.
- Dec. 10 – Felt Ornaments - Join us to make ornaments out of felt and other craft supplies.
Upcoming Program Break:
There will be no programs or storytimes the week of Dec. 25 - 31.
Storytimes will resume Jan. 3.
Family Nights will resume in February.
December Tween and Teen Activities
Open to ages 10 - 18.
Dec. 1 at 4:30 p.m. - National Cookie Day
- Learn how cookies came to be and how they've traveled the world. Then we eat cookies obvs.
Dec. 8 at 4:30 p.m. - Snowflake Crafts
- Learn how to cut out fancy snowflakes to decorate with this winter. Or just chill and snack with us.
Dec. 15 at 4:30 p.m. - De-Stress Night
- Join us for an afternoon of cookies, hot chocolate, and relaxation. We'll have coloring pages, board games, and puzzles to take your mind off the holidays.
No program on Dec. 22 due to the Winter Solstice. Teen programs will resume in February.